This version of is not compatible.

Non-compatible browsers, in addition to preventing you from using all of the webpage’s features, are slower and present security risks.

We recommend that you update your version of your browser now, or that you access the page using another compatible browser .

Go to content
  • CAT
  • EN
  • ES

Endesa - Electricity, Gas, People

How large families can benefit from the Social Rate

The “Social Rate” is a discount granted by the Government on certain customers’ electricity and gas bills. These customers must fulfil certain conditions to be entitled to the discounted rate.

One category of customers entitled to this discounted rate is large families.

What kind of large families can apply for the Social Rate?

Please bear in mind that in order to apply for the Social Bonus you need to be the holder of an electricity contract and also be officially categorised as a large family (at least three children).

Depending on your specific circumstances, you can access a discount of 25% to 40% on a regular basis. When RDL 23/2021 came into force on 26 October, the discount was exceptionally increased to 60% and 70% respectively until 31 March 2022.

If you are a Vulnerable Consumer, you can get a 60% discount on your invoices (25% from 1 April 2022).

And if you are in a particularly vulnerable situation, and you also meet the income requirements established to be classified as a Severely Vulnerable Consumer, you can get a discount of 70% on your bill (40% from 1 April 2022).

What are the requirements for applying for the Social Rate as a large family?

To get the basic discount, all you need to do is to provide proof that you have a large family using the certificate obtained through the usual procedure.

The Autonomous Regions issue these certificates, so where you need to apply for it will depend on where you live.

If you are unsure about how to apply for a large family certificate and you fulfil the conditions for obtaining one, go to the general Government website and search for the body that issues these documents in your region.

How do I apply for the Social Bonus when I already have a large family certificate?

If you already have your large family certificate, to start the procedure you will need to submit your application to the “last resort marketer”, which in this case is Energía XXI.

You will need to provide a copy of the application, which we will stamp for you and we will enter it in the records as proof of the date of your application. The application form is available on the Ministry of Industry website.

Fill out and submit the Social Rate application form online. To be able to request it you must be registered in your Energy XXI Client Area

You can also download the form and send it to us along the necessary documentation:

  • Attaching it to an email addressed to
  • Sending it by post to Apartado de Correos nº1167, 41080 Sevilla.
  • Delivering it in our offices.

You will have to submit the documents we need to apply the discount to your contract:

  • Application/declaration stating that you fulfil the legal requirements to receive the Social Rate.
  • Photocopy of the supply point contract holder’s identity document.
  • Photocopy of the large family card/certificate issued by the competent body in your Autonomous Region.
  • The contract holders’ local authority registration certificate (certificado de empadronamiento).
  • Photocopy of your last bill.

How about the Thermal Social Rate? What do I need to do to apply?

If you have been granted the electrical Social Rate, you will also get the thermal Social Rate. This rate applies during the winter and you will receive it in the form of a cheque.

Can I keep the large family electricity Social Rate if I lose my large family status?

Significant penalties apply for using the Social Rate scheme when you do not meet the requirements. Do not do this under any circumstances.

When you are no longer classified as a large family, you must notify your company. This also applies to any changes to your data or income, if they are pertinent to your case.