This version of is not compatible.

Non-compatible browsers, in addition to preventing you from using all of the webpage’s features, are slower and present security risks.

We recommend that you update your version of your browser now, or that you access the page using another compatible browser .

Go to content
  • CAT
  • EN
  • ES

Endesa - Electricity, Gas, People

How large families can benefit from the Social Rate

The Social Rate (or Rate Subsidy) is a discount offered by the Government on your electricity bill, from which you can benefit if you meet the social-economic requirements established in the regulations (Royal Decree 897/2017 of 6 October).

One category of customers entitled to this discounted rate is large families.

What kind of large families can apply for the Social Rate?

Please bear in mind that in order to apply for the Social Rate you need to be the holder of an electricity or gas contract for your usual place of residence and, also, currently have the official category of a large family (at least three children).

Depending on your specific conditions, you can benefit from a discount of 25% (vulnerable consumer) or 40% (severely vulnerable consumer) on a regular basis. Currently and extraordinarily, the discount has been increased to 65% and 80% respectively until June 30, 2024.

What are the requirements for applying for the Social Rate as a large family?

All you need to do is to present a copy of the official large family certificate and fill in the request form and you will be able to benefit from vulnerable consumer discount. 

If you meet the requirements to obtain an official large family certificate, you can request one by going to the general Government website and search for the body that issues these documents in your region.

How do I apply for the Rate Subsidy when I already have a large family certificate?

When you have an official large family certificate, the final step is to go to the last resort retailer, in this case Energía XXI, to start the process.

Fill out and submit the Social Rate application form online. To be able to request it you must be registered in your Energy XXI Client Area.

You also need to have the following documentation:

  • Photocopy of the D.N.I. of the holder of the supply point.
  • Photocopy of the official large family certificate issued by the department responsible in the Autonomous Community where you live.
  • Legal registration certificate for the holder.
  • Photocopy of the latest invoice.

Send us the completed form and documentation in one of the following ways:

  • Via our website: To be able to request it, you need to be registered in your XXI Energy Client Area.
  • Through our app: Available for both iOS and Android. Download it on
  • By attaching it to an e-mail addressed to
  • Sending it by post to Apartado de Correos nº1167, 41080 Sevilla.
  • By delivering it to one of our customer service offices.

Here you can check the status of your request, the result of which we will communicate to you within 10 working days after the delivery of all the documentation correctly.

How to renew my Rate Subsidy for large families?

Energía XXI will remind you of the expiry date for your Social Rate on each invoice so you always know when it needs to be renewed.

Two months before the expiry date we will send you a notification that you have present the request form again together with the current official large family certificate.

We will inform you of the date of application for the Rate Subsidy and the expiry date.

How about the Thermal Social Rate? What do I need to do to apply?

The Rate Subsidy for heating is an aid intended to cover heating costs for vulnerable consumers. If you are a beneficiary of the Social Rate for electricity on 31 December, you will be awarded the Social Rate for heating automatically the following year. The Autonomous Communities are responsible for paying it and it will be a single annual payment. The amount depends on your degree of vulnerability and the climatic zone in which you live.

Can I keep the large family electricity Social Rate if I lose my large family status?

Significant penalties apply for using the Social Rate scheme when you do not meet the requirements. Do not do this under any circumstances.

When you are no longer classified as a large family, you must notify your company. This also applies to any changes to your data or income, if they should be decisive factors to access the Rate Subsidy.